1. Personal Data to be Collected
In the course of the Company’s business relationship and dealings with you, we shall collect information regarding your identity, personal circumstances, and financial situation, may include but not but not limited to the following information:
- Name, date and place of birth, marital status, name of spouse, children and other family members
- Nationality, address, contact number or information
- Specimen signature
- Identification documents and numbers
- Nature of work or business, source of fund or income
- Company Information and its owner’s or executive’s information.
2. Purpose of Collection and Processing
Only personal data that is necessary and relevant to the following purposes shall be collected from you:
- To consider whether to provide customers with insurance policies applied for;
- To process customers’ applications for underwriting and insurance;
- To administer and/or manage customers’ relationships, accounts and/or policies with the Company;
- To provide services, facilities and products offered by the Company;
- To process and/or deal with any claims, including the settlement of claims and any necessary investigations relating to the claims;
- To carry out due diligence activities in accordance with legal or regulatory requirements or risk management procedures adopted by the Company;
- To carry out customers’ instructions or to respond to any inquiries by customers;
- To deal with any matter relating to products and/or services which customers are applying for or have applied;
- To investigate fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, whether relating to customers’ applications, claims or any other matter relating to customers’ insurance policies;
- To comply with applicable laws or requirements of regulatory authorities exercising supervision over the Company, such as the Insurance Commission (IC), Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC), Credit Information Corporation (CIC), National Privacy Commission (NPC) and others;
- To provide customers with marketing, advertising and promotional information. Customers have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information by using the unsubscribe link in marketing emails or by sending a duly accomplished Personal Data Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To seek professional advice, including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution;
- To compile information for statistical analytics/research to enhance products and services;
- To fulfill audit requirements and compliance supervision;
- To facilitate revenue collection or debt recovery;
- To disclose necessary and relevant information to the Company’s parent company and/or related companies, agents, contractors, reinsurers, or third party service providers in order to facilitate administrative, telecommunications, payment, data processing or other services in connection with the operation of the Company’s business.
4. Data Sharing
The Company holds your personal data under strict confidentiality and only discloses the same on a need-to-know basis. In order to meet the needs of our business operations and to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, your personal data shall be shared with the following:
- Our parent company COVUE GROUP., and its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Insurance agents, intermediaries, brokers, soliciting officials, other insurers, reinsurers, adjusters, and investigators;
- Business partners, associates, and related parties;
- Contractors, vendors, suppliers, and third-party service providers; and
- Government agencies exercising regulatory powers over the Company such as the Insurance Commission (IC), Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC), Credit Information Corporation (CIC), National Privacy Commission (NPC) and others.
5. Data Retention
Your identification records and transaction documents shall be retained by the Company while the business relationship exists and for such period thereafter as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
6. Personal Data Request
We respect your data privacy rights, and we assure you that you may access, amend, correct, or erase your personal data under our custody. You may also withdraw your consent previously given to us with respect to our collection and use of your personal data.
For any request for access or any other action regarding your personal data, please send your requests by accomplishing the Personal Data Request Form and sending it to email@example.com.
Your inquiry or request shall be handled by:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
COVUE JAPAN K.K.
3RD Floor, ProPalace
1-6-19 Azuchimachi Chuo-ku,
Osaka, 541-0052 Japan