If you are looking to import food into Japan, we have you covered!
All Japan imports require Importer of Record (IOR). COVUE IOR provides IOR services for importing Shelf-Stable Food.
Japan Customs requires a Food Import Application for every shipment and pre-import approval from Japan MHLW. Food Import Applications can only be made for one (1) manufacturer. There is no limit to the number of products that can be added to the application for that manufacturer.
WHY Choose COVUE over other IORs’?
COVUE IOR only charges for the first (1st) application. After the first (1st) application, only the IOR Shipping Fees will be charged. The Food Import Application will be replicated within your COVUE IOR account. However, there can be no changes to the products. Only the quantities and destination may be changed. The average time for import approval from MHLW is 45-60 days.
- Register company with www.covueior.com
- MHLW manufacturer and ingredient pre-import submission: This process takes two (2) weeks to complete.
- MHLW FOOD lab testing for each product. It is better to test at a MHLW lab near you. It’s less cost and time to complete. Average testing fees range from $250 to $550 USD per test. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/importedfoods/1-10.html
- Create certified MHLW food labeling.
- Submit Food Import Application
- Receive Approval for Import
- Ship to final destination.
Importing foods to Japan? Want to know if your products are subject to Japan Food Import regulations?
Let COVUE handle it so you can focus on building your Japan business!
Importing food requires attention to detail and full compliance with Japan import regulations. COVUE is the direct IOR. We own our licenses and our compliance teams are in-house. We have the only Online IOR system in Japan. We take attention to detail and compliance to the next level.
Let COVUE’s regulatory experts help you to speed up the market entry process so can that you can focus on your business. We’re here to help! It’s what we do best.